Early Childhood Educator Registry
The Early Childhood Educator Registry (the Registry) is the provincial body responsible for:
- Certification of individuals who qualify for an Early Childhood Educator (ECE) or an Early Childhood Educator Assistant (ECEA) Certificate;
- Recognition, monitoring and supporting educational institutions that offer early childhood education curriculum in British Columbia; and
- Investigation of practice concerns of ECEs and ECEAs.
ECEs and ECEAs play a critical role in providing BC’s children with the fundamental building blocks that foster healthy growth in all aspects of their development. The Registry celebrates the field you have chosen and recognizes the importance of your work.
Validate an ECE or ECEA Certificate
The ability to validate an ECE or ECEA certificate is a service provided to the public, providers and licensing officers to validate a Certificate.
In order to validate a certificate, you will need the following information:
- “Certificate” or “Registration” number;
- Individual’s first and last name; and
- Certificate expiry date.