Information For Care Providers
Submitting Child Care Subsidy Claims
It is important to note that the time to submit Child Care Subsidy claims varies depending on the child care type.
All claims forms are available on the Forms page.
- Licensed child care providers may submit claims no earlier than the first day of the month for which they are claiming.
- Registered licence-not-required, licence-not-required and in the child’s own home child care providers may submit claims no earlier than the seventh day of the month for which they are claiming.
- All claims for additional full days for school aged children cannot be submitted before the 25th of the month being claimed. Please use the appropriate form to claim the additional amount.
- Subsidy payments are affected by the date the claim is sent in and the volume of claims received at the Child Care Subsidy Service Centre. Please allow 10 business days before calling to check on the status of your claim.
- For detailed information, please see How to Claim Child Care Subsidy, a guide to child care subsidy for child care providers.
- Child care providers can obtain more information about the Child Care Subsidy claim form or inquire about payment by calling the Child Care Subsidy Service Centre in Greater Victoria at 250 356-6501 or elsewhere in BC toll-free at 1 888 338-6622.
Child Care Subsidy Legislation
The Child Care Subsidy Act and Child Care Subsidy Regulation are located at: http://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/childcare/legislation.htm.
Child care providers are not employed by the provincial government and will not receive a T4 slip for income tax purposes. For information about Canada Revenue Agency's implications, please see http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/p134/README.html.
Child care service arrangements and agreements are between the parent and the child care provider. The ministry will not incur financial or other liability for any contractual disagreement between the parent and the service provider. The ministry will only pay child care subsidy after eligibility has been determined.