parents with childFor Parents

Looking for child care?

Parents can search for licensed child care facilities by city, by postal code and by licence category using the Child Care Programs Map. If you are also interested in searching for registered licence-not-required child care providers in your community, please contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral Program office.

The Ministry of Health is responsible for licensing child care facilities in British Columbia, and the day to day monitoring and inspection duties are carried out by the local Health Authority community care licensing staff. The Health Authority inspection website provides accessible information about licensed community care facilities through a searchable database of child day care and residential care facilities licensed under the Community Care and Assisted Living Act. You can find facilities within a desired area and see information about a facility, such as capacity, contact information, and summaries of routine inspection findings and follow-up to routine inspections.

The information provided on the website is a summary only and should be considered along with other sources of information. You are also encouraged to visit each facility that you are considering before making a final decision.

Child Care Resource and Referral Program

The Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR) Program provides support, resources and referral services for child care providers and parents in all communities in the province.

Funding Information

Child Care Subsidy Program

Special Needs Supplement

To find out more information about child and family tax benefits in British Columbia view the 'How You Can Benefit BC' factsheet.

Contact Information

Parents can also access information on child care funding by contacting the Child Care Help Line in Greater Victoria at 250 356-6501 or elsewhere in BC toll-free at 1 888 338-6622.