Our Vision is mentally healthy children and responsible families living in safe, caring and inclusive communities. The vision is supported by the following considerations:
- Children are society's foundation for the future; therefore, they must be primary beneficiaries of society's resources.
- The family is central to the provision of care for their children.
- Children and their families have strengths and potential.
- The determinants of health influence the development of children, families and communities.
- Individuals, families, communities and governments share responsibility and accountability for achieving optimal mental health.
- Children have unique mental health needs that are different from those of adults.
- Some children are seriously impaired by mental health problems and illnesses.
- The severity and duration of mental illnesses can be reduced through prevention, early identification and intervention, thereby reducing personal and societal costs.
- Children who are mentally ill and their families should have access to timely, effective and culturally appropriate treatment and support.