Provincial Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services (PDHHS) is dedicated to supporting the diverse and multicultural goals of Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deafblind individuals and their families within an ASL and English environment.
PDHHS will create opportunities for:
- Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deafblind individuals to explore and achieve their personal goals;
- Families to connect with resources that sustain strong and caring relationships;
- Communities and professionals to work in partnership in meeting the principles of human rights, equality and life-long learning; and
- Full access for all British Columbians.
Programs & Services
- The Victory Hill Residential Program (VHRP) provides a supportive and nurturing home-like environment for children and youth who must live away from home in order to attend the British Columbia School for the Deaf in Burnaby (Elementary and Secondary programs).
- Family and Community Services (FCS) – Offers a supportive and language-rich environment for learning and skill development and family, youth and community development.
- Consultative Services – The Child, Family and Community Consultant serves as the clinical liaison for the Provincial Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services.
For additional information on services read the PDHHS brochure.
Provincial Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services is fully accredited through the Council on Accreditation (COA).