Agreements with Young Adults

Agreements with Young Adults (AYA) supports young people, aged 19 to 24, transitioning out of care and into adulthood.

Make a plan for your future…

AYA provides financial assistance and support services to:

  • Finish high school
  • Learn job and vocational skills
  • Attend college or university
  • Complete a rehabilitation program

Financial assistance includes:

  • Living expenses
  • Child care
  • Tuition fees
  • Health care

With support from social workers…

Agreements with Young Adults will be offered in conjunction with an overall written plan taking into account your needs and goals as you approach adulthood. A social worker will be involved throughout the term of your agreement. For more information, go to any Ministry of Children and Family Development office in your area.

See also, Frequently Asked Questions and Agreements with Young Adults Brochure.

Please complete the Agreement with Young Adult application form and drop off at your local Ministry of Children and Family Development district office. Applications forms are also available for pick up at district offices.

If you require assistance you may either contact your former social worker or drop into a district office for more information.