Youth Engagement Toolkit
The toolkit was created because it’s time for organizations to start thinking differently about how to engage young people at an organizational level. How are youth involved as partners in your organization? Do youth have opportunities to contribute to the development of programs and services? Are youth involved in evaluating and improving practice? Do youth help shape the structure of your organization?
The Youth Engagement Toolkit is a user-friendly resource developed to support and strengthen youth engagement practice. Engaging youth contributes to the effectiveness of programs, services and policies. It helps keep organizations enthusiastic, energized and informed. It also supports young people to develop to their full potential and nurtures the next generation of advocates for youth.
The Youth Engagement Toolkit guides teams of adults and youth through a process of four collaborative meetings to:
- Explore values and beliefs about youth engagement;
- Assess current youth engagement practice;
- Create a plan to strengthen youth engagement; and
- Review progress towards strengthening youth engagement.
The toolkit can be used by any group, team or organization. It doesn’t matter if you are new to youth engagement or very experienced and looking for new ideas. It can be used by anyone with an interest in youth engagement!
The Youth Engagement Toolkit:
- To learn more start by reading the Youth Engagement Toolkit Overview.
- The Champion's Guide contains detailed information about how to use the toolkit and its components.
- To familiarize teams to the toolkit read the Orientation.
- The Youth Engagement Toolkit Video provides background on the toolkit's development.
- The Evaluation Tool guides teams through evaluating their youth engagement practice.
- The Resource Guide is an excellent general resource with information that can be used together or separately from other toolkit documents.